Subject: Re: LW5.0 ad -- Why 3D Design?
From: [email-masked] (Gord Davison)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 16:16:08 -0700

Re: The LW "Five Point Zero" ad in the May 3D Design. I haven't seen it 
yet, but I have a few questions.

1. No offence, but *why* 3D Design? I haven't seen the ad in the April VTU, 
   Feb LWPRO, March CGW, May InterActivity or May DV. Any other confirmed 
   sightings in other mags? Does NewTek know _something_ about the 3D Design 
   readership that we don't?

2. Feedback?? Is the ad good/bad/indifferent? It seems NT has taken the, uh,
   constructive [?] criticism from the "balls" and "Turn on your TV" ads and
   come up with something a little different.

BTW, the May DV features ads for the following 3D programs: Max [2 page spread:
quite well done], EIAS, Extreme3D, MHA, and tS. LW was rather conspicuous by 
its absence. Is DV popular with other listmembers? What about 3D Design? I 
thought the premiere issue _looked_ promising, but wasn't particularly 
interesting. 

If it seems like I'm asking a lot of questions,... uh, that's because I am :-)

==========================================================================
 Gord Davison                      | 2D/3D Animator � Multimedia Designer
 Phoenix Interactive Design, Inc.  |
 graphics � animation � multimedia |   "Complex problems have simple,
 [email-masked]             | easy-to-understand, wrong answers."
==========================================================================